Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing
This is a modified vegan version of my recipe “Chinese Low Mein with Peanut Sauce”, which is in my cookbook Light Asian Salads- Quick and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes. Instead of using egg noodles, I used whole wheat linguini to make it vegan friendly.
Load it up with tons of vegetables, this noodle salad can be a healthy and delicious meal by itself.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons of agave
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of mixed diced vegetables (carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 oz of whole wheat linguini
- Chili sauce, optional
- Cook the linguini according to the instructions on the package. About 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse in cold water, and drain again. Chill in fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, agave. Add more water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add shredded cabbage, mixed diced vegetables, green onion to the noodles. Coat evenly with the peanut sauce. Add chili sauce on top if you like it spicy.